Designated a Greenwich Landmark, the 1867 Elizabeth & Amelia Holly House had lost much of its Victorian grace due to a series of poor additions and ill-conceived site planning. Foremost was the large porte cochѐre that not only obscured the front elevation but added unneeded driveway to the property. Our design judiciously kept what was true to the integrity of the house and property, removed what was not, and added desired spaces that complement the original structure. Located near the center of town, this renovated, architecturally integrated 8,398 square-foot house now fulfills, with decided 19th century charm, the 21st century requirements of a young family with active children.
1920’s English Arts and Crafts Revived