According to Greenwich lore, this 1889 clapboard Colonial was the first structure built on Clapboard Ridge, thus lending the area its name. This historic farmhouse with small, low-ceiled rooms was sorely in need of repair and a plan that would suit 21st century family life. A new, barnlike addition housing a breakfast room, kitchen, office, media room and garages allowed the 19th century design to remain prominent. Much of the original house was gutted in order to create a proper flow of rooms and to heighten ceilings, yet the exterior volume retains its historic roots. Interior paneling, detailing and wide floorboards seamlessly fuse with antique details, creating a 6,000 square-foot house of architectural integrity.
1920’s English Arts and Crafts Revived