The Village of Quogue on Long Island’s East End has drawn summer resort visitors to its beaches, ocean dunes and quiet inlets since the mid-nineteenth century. As Quogue’s first true hotel, Hallock House has hosted guests, including statesman Daniel Webster, dating back to 1828. The building, adjoining cottages and restaurant have served the community for over 180 years and the structure was showing signs of age and disrepair.
In 2012 a group of local residents intent on preserving both the historic building and its use purchased Hallock House turning to our firm to graciously restore the inn providing 21st century premier amenities. A sweeping front porch and restored façade mirrors the original with ample room for informal seating. Patio and interior dining plus a bar dining area can accommodate 150. Alternately, paneled folding doors divide the rooms creating intimate dining areas and a bar room with a fireplace, a winter favorite.
The 17,624 square foot inn now includes fourteen rooms, two guest cottages, a library, breakfast/card room, sitting room, conference room for community and business meetings, exercise room and dance/yoga studio. By completely gutting the structure, restoring it and reorganizing spaces, The Quogue Club at Hallock House has been returned to its well-deserved historic status with refreshing elegance.